Introduction to the blog...

Hi, my name's Toby Wildgoose. I'm a 21 year old who's obsessed by sport, so much so, that I am looking to become a sports journalist/media officer in later life.

I've set up this blog not only so that I can improve and refine my writing skills, but also to provide a platform for potential employers to view my work.

I have already developed a small portfolio of my work, with my experience in the industry including: written match reports for junior football teams, published work at numerous EFL clubs in a variety of formats, and work experience placements at Chesterfield FC and Rotherham United Community Sports Trust - to see my full portfolio click here: http://goo.gl/VWws3H.

I hope to post as often as possible on this blog about anything that is sport related. Please find the time to read any of my posts.

Any comments or suggestions on how I can improve the blog would be greatly appreciated, and I would also be happy to receive any other suggestions for work experience. Please comment on here, email me (tobywildgoose@gmail.com), or even tweet me (@TobyWildgoose). Cheers!

Start Date: 11/12/12 (Aged 15)

Tuesday 18 February 2014

Scunthorpe United Programme Work - Update

Earlier on in the season, I posted a short introduction about the work I had been doing for the Scunthorpe United programme. My piece involves a small away day preview for Iron fans looking to find out a bit more about the away grounds they'll be going to, and where to eat and drink upon arriving. I have continued to write for the programme throughout the season and I am now coming up to finishing my last few pieces for this season's matchday programme. Scunthorpe are still chasing promotion back to League One at the first attempt and are looking to win the programme of the year award for the second season in a row. Here are a number of examples of my work and the programmes they have been published in:

My preview for Dagenham & Redbridge away - published in the AFC Wimbledon home programme on Saturday 18th January.

My preview for Hartlepool United away - published in the Fleetwood Town home programme on Monday 27th January.

My preview for Accrington Stanley away - published in the Chesterfield FC home programme on Saturday 8th February.


Feel free to leave any feedback/suggestions in the comments box below. Follow me on Twitter (@TobyWildgoose) for more updates on my work! 

No comments :

Post a Comment