Introduction to the blog...

Hi, my name's Toby Wildgoose. I'm a 21 year old who's obsessed by sport, so much so, that I am looking to become a sports journalist/media officer in later life.

I've set up this blog not only so that I can improve and refine my writing skills, but also to provide a platform for potential employers to view my work.

I have already developed a small portfolio of my work, with my experience in the industry including: written match reports for junior football teams, published work at numerous EFL clubs in a variety of formats, and work experience placements at Chesterfield FC and Rotherham United Community Sports Trust - to see my full portfolio click here: http://goo.gl/VWws3H.

I hope to post as often as possible on this blog about anything that is sport related. Please find the time to read any of my posts.

Any comments or suggestions on how I can improve the blog would be greatly appreciated, and I would also be happy to receive any other suggestions for work experience. Please comment on here, email me (tobywildgoose@gmail.com), or even tweet me (@TobyWildgoose). Cheers!

Start Date: 11/12/12 (Aged 15)

Friday 24 January 2014

Match preview: Rotherham United vs Crawley Town

Rotherham United will be looking to make it three league wins in a row as they take on Crawley Town at the New York Stadium on Saturday. 

The Millers come into the match in good form after defeating Shrewsbury Town 3-0 at the Greenhous Meadow last weekend, with goals from Tom Hitchcock, Ben Pringle and James Tavernier sealing the victory.

The Red Devils, however, will play their first game in two weeks after last Saturday's match against Wolves was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. 

Rotherham could hand a debut to new loan signing Richard Smallwood, who arrived at New York Stadium on Thursday afternoon. 

Defenders Kari Arnason and Claude Davis will also be available for selction after the two return from illness and suspension respectively. 

Crawley midfielder Gary Dicker is likely to make his debut for the Red Devils after joining until the end of the season, and striker Billy Clarke is also available after his suspension ended. 

Last result: Crawley Town 1-2 Rotherham United, Saturday 17th August 2013.

My interview with Crawley Town fan Craig Bratt…

Q1: Hi Craig, thanks for agreeing to answer my questions. To start with, how long have you been a Crawley fan and how’d you get into supporting them? Since 2006/07 season. A family friend took me to a game one evening so I went again and loved it. Been going ever since, I can't get enough of it!

Q2: So, now that we’re over half way through the season how would you assess Crawley’s fortunes so far? A rollercoaster to say the least. We were slowly establishing ourselves under Richie Barker before he was sacked after 0 wins in 9. John Gregory came to the club and results are looking positive. We are improving but transfer activity will be key!

Q3: Who’s been your stand out performer(s) and why? There's two. In defence, Joe Walsh. He's young and recently we've turned down a 400k bid for him. He's scored 6 goals from the back and he has saved us many a time! Also, Gary Alexander has begun to find form again after a blip, and he's scored some key goals for us.

Q4: How do you see the rest of the season going? If we'd kept barker, a relegation battle no doubt, but under Gregory I feel we'll finish similar to last season - 10th. We play some of the higher teams in the next few weeks so it will be interesting to see how we get on. Good results from those and I’d say 10th is a realistic target.

Q5: Finally, prediction for Saturday’s game? Tough question in all honesty. Looking at your recent home results I’d say a draw. 1-1!


Make sure to follow Craig on Twitter (@craigybratt) and visit his blog online (http://queseraserablogs.blogspot.co.uk/). 

No comments :

Post a Comment