Introduction to the blog...

Hi, my name's Toby Wildgoose. I'm a 21 year old who's obsessed by sport, so much so, that I am looking to become a sports journalist/media officer in later life.

I've set up this blog not only so that I can improve and refine my writing skills, but also to provide a platform for potential employers to view my work.

I have already developed a small portfolio of my work, with my experience in the industry including: written match reports for junior football teams, published work at numerous EFL clubs in a variety of formats, and work experience placements at Chesterfield FC and Rotherham United Community Sports Trust - to see my full portfolio click here: http://goo.gl/VWws3H.

I hope to post as often as possible on this blog about anything that is sport related. Please find the time to read any of my posts.

Any comments or suggestions on how I can improve the blog would be greatly appreciated, and I would also be happy to receive any other suggestions for work experience. Please comment on here, email me (tobywildgoose@gmail.com), or even tweet me (@TobyWildgoose). Cheers!

Start Date: 11/12/12 (Aged 15)

Saturday 2 March 2013

Puncheon extends Southampton stay

Jason Puncheon has signed a new three-year contract with Southampton FC to keep him at the St Mary's Stadium until the summer of 2016. The 26-year-old signed the contract with the South Coast side as his current deal would have expired in the summer, leaving him available to leave on a free transfer.

The winger has been a hugely important entity to the Saints' side this season making 26 appearances and scoring a total of six goals. Puncheon signed for the club in January 2010 from Plymouth Argyle and would be later named in the PFA League One Team of the Year.

Puncheon commented on the matter saying: "It feels amazing. It's obviously been a worry because my contract was up at the end of the season, so it was important for me to get tied down."

He then continued to say: "We got to the Premier League in three years, and now the club has a vision of playing European football - and we want to get there as soon as possible."

Puncheon will be available for selection when bottom-of-the-table QPR visit St Mary's Stadium tomorrow.

No comments :

Post a Comment