Introduction to the blog...

Hi, my name's Toby Wildgoose. I'm a 21 year old who's obsessed by sport, so much so, that I am looking to become a sports journalist/media officer in later life.

I've set up this blog not only so that I can improve and refine my writing skills, but also to provide a platform for potential employers to view my work.

I have already developed a small portfolio of my work, with my experience in the industry including: written match reports for junior football teams, published work at numerous EFL clubs in a variety of formats, and work experience placements at Chesterfield FC and Rotherham United Community Sports Trust - to see my full portfolio click here: http://goo.gl/VWws3H.

I hope to post as often as possible on this blog about anything that is sport related. Please find the time to read any of my posts.

Any comments or suggestions on how I can improve the blog would be greatly appreciated, and I would also be happy to receive any other suggestions for work experience. Please comment on here, email me (tobywildgoose@gmail.com), or even tweet me (@TobyWildgoose). Cheers!

Start Date: 11/12/12 (Aged 15)

Tuesday 25 December 2012

Boxing Day Football!

As it does every year, tomorrow will see a full set of fixtures for every league up and down the country. Except, of course, for the few postponements that there will inevitably be! Yet, for some reason, despite all of these games being on, I will not be attending a football game tomorrow. UNBELIEVABLE!

However, I'm going to get over this and look into some of the most exciting fixtures tomorrow has to offer! For me the most exciting game has to be Cardiff City (1st) vs Crystal Palace (3rd) in the npower Championship. A win for Cardiff would see them open up a seven point gap between them and the Eagles, whereas a win for Palace would leave them just one point behind their rivals.

The game won't be easy for either side though, as Palace have lost just once in their last twenty matches whereas Cardiff have won fourteen of their last twenty. It is also promised to be a high scoring game as both teams have scored in 22 of their 23 league games this season.

Rotherham United (5th) vs Port Vale (2nd) also promises to be an entertaining encounter. This fixture takes place in npower League 2 with the Millers desperately looking for revenge over Vale after suffering a 6-2 defeat in the reverse fixture earlier in the season. Ex-Miller Tom Pope scored four goals in the game to contribute to the destruction of his former team to not only show them what they were missing but also why Port Vale paid for his services.

A win would see Rotherham go level on points with Vale and they could rise to third in the table. Whereas a win for the Valiants would see them go six points clear of Rotherham and guarantee second place at the beginning of the new year.

To keep up with all the action tomorrow, either tune in to Soccer Special on Sky Sports News (channel 405) from 3pm onwards or visit the BBC Sport site for regular score updates from up and down the country!

No comments :

Post a Comment